Thursday, June 6, 2013

"Mr. Sylvester" ?!?!

Early mornings, and nights that are a little too late!

Today I had the honor of meeting my summer school students while they worked through assessment testing. I have five young women to work with, and hopefully I will have more students in my classroom tomorrow.

Here's something I'm going to have to get used to:

"Mr. Sylvester" ?! What is my dad doing in Atlanta teaching my class?
I am proud to be the second "Mr. S" from our family who works in education.

Today after school I missed our bus because I was working late with the attendence instructor (Ms. Watkins). There was a lot of crying and "Stupid, Stupid, Stupid" at the end of a long day of work.

I was going to walk the hour long route home, wasting time I need to work on lesson plans. Luckily, some of my supervisors bailed me out with hugs, love, and money for a cab.

Today's Lesson: Be kind to yourself; take a cab.

No comments:

Post a Comment