Sunday, June 2, 2013

Atlanta Institute: Day 1

Today has been lengthy. I said a tearful goodbye to my partner Loren at the airport at 8 pm. We cried. A lot.

I arrived at the Atlanta airport at 6:00 am Atlanta time, and then (foolishly) took a 30 minute train ride and and then a 1.4 mile walk with a fifty pound dufflebag, a backpack, and a rolling suitcase to arrive for registration 2 hours early at 8 (yes, the walk took an hour and a half).

My walking route from the train to registration.

Now I'm settled in my "little room" in the residence halls at Georgia Tech. It is small-ish, but it is much roomier than the University of Oregon residence halls. 


My little-ish room

And I just got a little teary-eyed because an alarm went off on my phone with the title "I love you. =)". I have one of the sweetest partners ever. 
Long-distance love



Today has been long, and I have a lot of feelings about TFA and life right now, but more on that later. It seems fitting to end each blogpost with a lesson.

Today's Lesson : Be kind to yourself; take a cab.



No comments:

Post a Comment